Boat registration numbers?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

00 mod

Reaction score
What would you do on a new "Jon boat green" boat? Stencil the registration number on or go buy the white stickered numbers? Also post pictures if you have them. I did a search first and turned up nothing.
Jeff

Depends, If I was also gonna use it for duck hunting I would stencil them in flat white. If I'm gonna use it just for fishing then I would have a vinyl shop cut them.

I bought the white vinyl ones that wal mart sells, and after putting them on, I sprayed them with a flat, clear krylon overcoat. This way, they don't reflect as bad for duck hunting, and they are much less likely to lift or peel from water splashing and stuff.

Just make sure you check your local boating regs so you'll be in compliance.

Skidz

So what can you offer other than standard block #'s and letters? I too have a new "Jon boat green" boat that I've yet to recieve paperwork from the State. Can you go with a little more flair, or is that regulated? I also would like to name my ride. What kind of graphics could you hook me up with? I'm in Michigan.

I'll put it this way, if you can imagine it, I can make it a reality. Any color, shape, size, I have over 3000 fonts on file, anything you want I can do. Of course, custom designs come with design fees and you'd have to pay for the graphics but I CAN DO ANYTHING YOU CAN IMAGINE. I have a full time designer in house and I do all the printing, laminating, installations, everything is done in house so I don't have to rely on someone else's idea of quality. You can reach me at my office M-F 8-6 or PM me here. If you have a design that I can not bring to fruition, I will publicly apologize to you. :p

Ooops. Guess I'll go nwith S & M's suggestion. I didn't know if regulations allow anything other than that, and I did use the word "jon". Just thought I maybe could throw 10-20 bucks your way instead of Walmart.

Get bulldog to make you some stickers... they will last 10 times longer than those you get at Wally World - not to mention they look 10 times better.

The only regulations are that they have to be 3" tall... but bulldog already knows all that, so you'll be all set

Mason,mine didn't come from Wally World. My "kit" came from a place called Brannan Marine in Fenton,Mo. I wanted something made for a marine application,so I stayed away from generic products. Bulldog could set you up with something unique.

Had mine custom made and applied by a buddy, along with my boat name.

Attachments

• IMG_2022.JPG
    IMG_2022.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 1,301
  • IMG_2028.JPG
    IMG_2028.JPG
    222 KB · Views: 1,301
I can do something very simple like block letters and numbers UP TO something crazy and extravagant. Block letters are the easiest for me to complete and that is what the water patrol likes the best anyway.

Mine has them painted on by some previous owner. Since the boat keeps its own registration number for life here in FL, it makes sense. Mine is a white block with black digits on it. Not planning to change it either.

Delayed reply here, but yeah if you are going with stick on, have a vinyl PRO do it. I did mine last month, can't remember the font I used though. The reason I say Pro, and not some random shop is guys that have been in the business for a while know to use premium vinyl, not the cheap stuff.
I've looked at Bulldog's work and can tell he uses the good stuff.