Spreader for steelflex

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireshadow

Reaction score
Has anyone used a spreader to apply steelflex. I was thinking like the ones used for bondo. I read where this method was used for gluvit and wondered if it would work.

fireshadow said:
Has anyone used a spreader to apply steelflex. I was thinking like the ones used for bondo. I read where this method was used for gluvit and wondered if it would work.

Having applied steelflex to my boat last year I can say a spreader would work well. I'd use the spreader to push the steelflex around then use a mo-hair roller to smooth it out.

moberg12 said:
fireshadow said:

Having applied steelflex to my boat last year I can say a spreader would work well. I'd use the spreader to push the steelflex around then use a mo-hair roller to smooth it out.

X2... though, I never want to do it again.

I ordered my stealflex last week. If the temps stay up and I get it soon I should be able to try this out in the next couple of weeks. I think I'll give it a shot. I'll post results.

Latest posts