Bearing questions?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverFox

Reaction score
Got a new trailer and was wanting to know what you guys do as far as keeping them in working order? Any secrets? Any add-ons?

Thanks

Keep the bearings greased and the tires inflated to the proper pressure and it should last a long time. Keep an eye on little things that may pop up and get them taken care of before they turn into major issues like rust spots, wire chafing and lighting issues. As for the bearings, you have to keep the seals in good shape. One of the worst things that can happen is to have water get into the hub. If you grease it and it pushes out any water you may want to pull the hub to find out why.

Keep them greased. You can buy "bearing buddies" for them, which helps to keep them greased, but I don't think they are necessary. Check your hubs regularly. Whenever I take my trailer on a long trip I always feel the hubs when I stop to see if they are warm. If they get hot you need more grease.

Check the trailer section on this site/you will have hundreds of ideas for your trailer inquiries