Sweet (Cheap!) Boat Cover Supports!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVOMike86

Reaction score
I know I've read about these somewhere, but can't remember where. They were super simple to make, and cost less than $18 and about an hour to make. I used 3/4" PVC "T's" for the bow ends. The bows are made from PVC that was in a 25ft roll. Had to use rolled PVC so it would make the bow on its own. The motor cover for the trailer is a little large for my 9.5, but covers down to the cavitation plate without looking too stupid.
bow ends.jpg
bows across.jpg
motor on.jpg
cover on.jpg

Yep, its definitely blue. Its an epoxy paint, can't remember exactly which can't off the top of my head, but its in my build thread in conversions. I painted the inside to help with any leakage there may be, but didn't notice any when we took it out before paint. It won't look so monochrome with the gray carpeted decks and decals on the sides. I'm leaving for Afghanistan on the 23rd of this month, so the rest will have to wait til after I get back...

Awesome. I thought someone here had mentioned something like this a while back but I couldn't find the thread. This is exactly what I need. How did you cut the 'Tee'? with a hacksaw?

You could definitely use a hacksaw, but I used a 4" grinder with a cutoff wheel. WAY faster and cleaner cut. I think it was Bobberboys thread I read, but can't remember, thought it might have even been an old Field and stream. I don't have straps on it yet, and it was really windy here yesterday and it didn't blow off, so I think it'll be perfect for the long haul.

Thanks for your service! Also what kind of cover is that? I would love to make this exact setup for mine!
jeff

Thanks for posting this, even if it's a repost from somewhere else.
I made 5 supports for myself and they work great! No more dealing with water pooling on the cover and getting in my boat.

I used a Dremel with the reinforced metal cutoff disc and it sliced through pretty quickly.

if you cant find rolled pvc you can use a propane torch and gently heat strait pvc and get the bend you desire.

james

If you don't want to heat the pvc, you can do what I am gonna do and use cpvc! It is more flexible and should be easier to use!
Jeff

Dude I have been beating myself up on how to do mine, DUH all I got to do is add a few inches to the t's, then a couple of 90's to go over the edge to the inside of the gunwales. I have a old Grumman that has 6 inch wide gunwales all the way around the boat. Now I know how I am going to do it Thanks !!!!!!

Stay safe over there man!!

Latest posts