Vinyl Flooring Options

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixshootertexan

Reaction score
Ok it seems to be 2 major brands of vinyl flooring MariDeck and Nautolex. I'm looking for either camo or OD green. Only MariDeck has them at $14.99 a foot. That would be $240 for 16' of the vinyl flooring. Is there any other choices out there that I'm not Googling?

https://www.basspro.com/MariDeck-by-DeckRite-Vinyl-Marine-Floor-Coverings/product/98240/-1470719#prodDescription

I put that in my 16' Sea Nymph. Nice stuff......a little hard on the knees if you're wearing shorts. I don't remember it costing that much, but that was in 2004.

Cabela's has stuff called Deco Dot. It comes in hunter green, but it's sold out ATM, so I can't check the price.

https://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=700429&type=product&cm_mmc=CRR-_-RLP-_-016272-_-description_link&cmCat=CRR

Ya, that would only be about $100 or so. The River Rock color looks close to OD. I'll bet they will send you a sample of colors you're interested in. Glad I could help!

How would you guys trim the edges? I am putting over wood floor, so were it buts the side, i kinda doubt ts gonna wrap, Im thinking maybe cut the edge flush and silicone in the corner after install. Suggestions?

the water and such should run off to the bildge, 3.55 per sq ft would be equal to 63.90 a running yrd of the dot vinyl. it is 19.99 for 18 sq ft. so what u posted is actually 3x the price.

I wonder if you could fold it for wrapping if you heated it with a heat gun, or even a hair dryer? A bead of silicone would work as well I would think.

Bugpac said:
the water and such should run off to the bildge, 3.55 per sq ft would be equal to 63.90 a running yrd of the dot vinyl. it is 19.99 for 18 sq ft. so what u posted is actually 3x the price.
It wouldn't in my boat( I don't have a floor). It would run down and collect at the ribs. However if you put a floor in your boat and this on top it would work great. That is why I was leaning towards what I posted. But honestly if I do put a floor in I will just use Skid no more.
0922091023.jpg
0922091024.jpg

yeah, any more information on how thick or durable it looks let us know, i too will be looking at this when it comes time. If you use it over wood and screw the wood down won't the holes from the screws allow moisture to leak into the wood causing water damage over time? or are we talking about figuring out ways to install it after the flooring is already screwed down?

Here's my thought on the Decko Dot marine vinyl. The moment I took it out of the envelope it felt a little slick to me. However the more you press down on it the better the dots grip, so I would think standing on it barefooted should be fine. I also placed it under my rubber soled shoes and there it has a lot of grip.

The material itself reminds me of a typical vinyl upholstery. It measures .038" thick. It has a nylon ( I think) reinforcement backing.

The color is just a little darker than the Rustolem #7737 Satin Spruce Green paint used for the inside of my boat.

I will be using the Decko Dot marine vinyl in my boat.

Attachments

• Boat 031-1.jpg
    Boat 031-1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,199
  • Boat 025-1.jpg
    Boat 025-1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,199

Latest posts