New from PA

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hr31hr

Reaction score
Found this forum earlier in the week while I was researching a used boat. Last night I brought it home. 1989 Sea Nymph Tournament with a 30hp Yamaha. She needs some work but it looks like there is a ton of information to be found here. The only other boat I have had was a 12ft flat jon from sears a long time ago that I replaced the transom board and rivits in. I am excited to get started on this one and will post some pictures as I go along.

bAcKpAiN said:
Welcome aboard! What part of PA are you from? I am from Philly myself.

Carlisle, West of Harrisburg. Couple pics f the boat.

Attachments

• IMG_6606.JPG
    IMG_6606.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_6624.JPG
    IMG_6624.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 435
Saw that one for sale. I wanted to check it out but..... looks like I was a little slow =D>

I started working on it before the snow and found the decks need replaced. I have the small side ones and all of the back loose. Need to get the screws out of the front and bottom deck. Still have not messed with the motor. I fired when he squirted stating fluid in it but did not stay runnning. The inlet nipple is broken off of the fule pump so at a minimum will need that. Plan on getting a pump and carb kit and then go through the fuel system. Gas smells real old and he said it had not been started in two years.

Wow it has been a long time since I have been here. Life has been taking up most of my time. I have the decks all removed and the engine tuned. Replkace the control cables and will rewire before I put the decks back on. I have a question for anyone who has replace the deck on this model. The front deck is 3/4 and the rest is 1/2. Is that normal or could the front deck have been replaced before?