A green horn to bass boats....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcdonl

Reaction score
Hi all, I found this site and I think it is going to become a regular spot for me!

I love to fish with my kids, but mostly it is either me and my 14 year old, or me and my wife. The four of us crowd my little 1970 something 14' Starcraft Aluminum boat.

So, this year we want to put some sort of a deck on the boat to make it easier to store gear, and quieter to move around. Maybe even some storage. The only problem is I feel as though the boat is shallow for some reason.

From bow to stern the boat is 14' and at the widest spot the boat is about 4' 8" and it is 4' at the stern. It is a V-Hull'ish boat and it has three benches.

Where do I measure to determine the actual dimensions?

I will get some pictures this weekend after the ice fishing derby at the club... we still have a few weeks here in Maine before ice out!!

Well I look forward to learning from you!

PS - This boat was my Father-in-Law's and my wife grew up fishing from this same boat so it is very special to our family. My wife parks in one side of the garage and the boat and my goldwing park in the other!

Welcome to TinBoats

Complete your profile please so we know abouts where you are hailing us from.

What do you want to measure on the boat?

Ok, I update my profile...

So, measurements... not sure how to take them. I ready the sticky on when to deck, and when not to deck... and I do not get where to measure but I can tell you that neither my 250 self or my kids feel comfortable walking on the front bench.

My boat seems shallow. It is only 18" from the bottom of the inside of the boat to the top of the transom.

It is nearly 5' wide at the widest point, and 4' wide at the stern.

Pictures to follow.

Leroy

Latest posts