How to mount pedistal to floor?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoolHand

Reaction score
I'm looking for suggestions on how to mount my seat pedestals. Here is what I have/will have. I have 12" solid pedestals (not removable type). I want to put them on the floor of the boat. The floor will be as low as I can keep it. It will be aluminum tube perpendicular to the ribs and riveted down with a composite floor (thin cbond material) on top and carpeted. My issue is with the low clearance under the floor how best to prepare something under the flooring to mount the pedestals into?

I thought perhaps a 2x6 or 2x8 wood block mounted between the aluminum tubes where I plan to put the pedestals and then just use some short lag bolts on them. Would that work? Any other suggestions?

I bolted my pedestal to the floor before I riveted the floor to the ribs. I put the rubber mat down on top of the floor then bolted the pedestal to the floor. I next riveted the floor to the ribs and used silicone to hold the rubber matt to the floor. If I ever have to unbolt the pedestal, I'll have to drill out the six rivets holding the floor down first.

Latest posts