New here just picked up an older Princecraft Ungava

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toynut

Reaction score
I traded my 12' sears aluminum and $400 for this suposedly late 90's early 2000 princecraft 12'. I wanted a wider beam this is 54" my old one was 48". I have a 1996 Mercury 9.9 HP outboard, I mostly like to take my kids out exploring with a little fishing here and there. Plans are to repaint the boat in and out and pick up a 15 HP four stroke if the budget allows ( wife ) !
My old 12' sears cost me $250 So I am into this for $650.
I am hoping some one can put a year or close to it for me !

New to me !
ungava.jpg

ungava2.jpg

Old boat !
BoatingalloutteandPittlake2010013.jpg

It has a manufacture tag as well as a transport canada/coast gaurd tag but I cant get any sort of model year off it I will try and search the serial number later I just am curious on the boats age, its a much more solid boat than the sears was, its a little harder for me to car top but it does have launching wheels ! The sears was actualy kinda scary with the 9.9 just not stable enough !

I want to paint the previous owners handy work, the wood color does nothing for me .

ungava4.jpg

bcbouy said:
well,its after the stopped calling them springboks,so it cant be too old.

Useless trivia time:

Springbok and princecraft were both in the market at the same time. Princecraft eventually swallowed up springbok.

My springbok is an 88, but that's close to the end of the line. They were merged in 89:

https://www.princecraft.com/aluminum-boat/About-Princecraft/History.aspx

Iirc, princecraft still sells a small utility model titled "springbok" but it's not plastered down the side like when they were separate. Basically, it just looks like thier "ungava" model.

If you find a boat with only "springbok" in big letters on the side, it's no newer than 89....

Latest posts