First trip done!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screwballl

Reaction score
Finally got my 1436 out on the water for the first time today. Went to a wide creek (narrow river maybe) that was slow moving, the main channel was in the 12-18ft depth range, and some of the side arms and inflow creeks were in the 4-8ft depth range. Had a little wind which helped keep it from feeling too hot in the sun but not enough to toss the boat around or make the water rough. It was a learning experience for sure. A big part of it is getting my sea legs, my balance is already bad enough but get something moving under me and it makes for an interesting time, at least for the first hour or two. I traveled around 6 miles total (there and back to the boat ramp), battery charger shows it had 25% capacity left... so it is definitely time to get a battery bug or multimeter so I can keep an eye on the battery closer.

I did plenty of fishing, just not really any catching. Caught a few small crappie but they were not worth keeping.

Hoping to get out again next weekend, this time to one of the lakes...

WTG =D>

This was just plain mean: "Had a little wind which helped keep it from feeling too hot in the sun"

You feel the need to get out of the heat come visit me - Oh yeah, your boat will not rock at all (because it will sit nice and flat on the ice)

lol ahab!!

Considering we had been in the 30s and 40s for the past 2 months here, which is fairly rare for even this part of FL, it does feel good to have it back in the 60s, which is comfortable but not too hot. Plus the sun reflecting off the water can make it feel warmer (especially since I wore jeans instead of shorts since I was expecting it to be cooler).

I read this and thought...wind to keep him cool? I wish.

Where are you in NW FL?

My in-laws are all in Pensacola and we're down there at least once a year...I was just there over the Christmas holiday.

I needed my winter coat down there...it was quite chilly.

I was also very happy that the "sugar white" beaches are still sugar white (they love to say that in Pensacola: "Suga white!") HAHAHAHA

PS - You'll get your "sea legs" soon enough...it just takes some time on the water...

Was the battery fully charged when you went out. 75% percent loss on one trip would worry me. I usually go the whole weekend on a battery if it's not not being charged by the nissan. I'd be checking out a new battery if this one is losing performance for you. Must be nice to get out fishing, the ice out here is just starting to come off.

Way to go screwballl, I wish I could have been fishin today myself. It was a balmy 78 here in Mississippi. Sorry for you boys above the mason-dixon line, but you know you can always move south. Hey George, I was born in Peoria, Il, lived there for 12 years or so, lived in Muskegon, Mi and I will tell you as far as "feeling" cold, let it get 15-20 here with a 20 mph north wind and the high humidity and you will be frozen to the bone. I remember when Denver played a superbowl in New Orleans and the Denver people were buying warmer clothes to wear. Sorry to jack your thread screw.

Latest posts