Securing the deck to the frame and carpet ideas

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanbc

Reaction score
Just wanted some ideas on how some of you secred the plywood deck to your frame ? Im in the process of doing the frame work for my 12'. Most of the work seems kinda easy but im having a hard time with this part. Once my plywood is all done and carpeted i want to be able to take it off if ever needed.

Any ideas for a carpet style.

Thanks.

Need pictures or more detail. Whats your frame made of wood? aluminum? You want it to be removable then bolt and nut would be ideal but in most instances is not feasable. Self tapping screws will hold it good but if you keep removing them then they won't work. As far as carpet style you can go with anything from the cheaper indoor/outdoor home depot stuff to more expensive marine grade carpet. Your choice. But post pics to get more help.

Its a wood frame. I have been looking all day on this site and i think im going to go with L brackets That way i can screw it or bolt it to the frame. Ill have multiple locations for this bracket via hatches and doors.

I screwed the deck to the frame with stainless screws and stainless finish washers. You can see a few of them in this picture, I marked them with the yellow dots.

IMG_1684-1.jpg

Latest posts