make seat bases more stable??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

00 mod

Reaction score
The seat bases for my boat came welded in from the factory, yet still have a good bit of wiggle to them! Its not just the pole either...you can actually watch the bases moving and flexing the floor? Any way to make them more stable?
Jeff

I love my boat don't get me wrong....I'm not bashing it at all, so please don't take it that way!

It is a 2010 Weldbilt 1648mv

I would ask the dealer about this. There might not be much you can do until the aluminum cracks. I'm assuming you can't weld aluminum or else you would have cut this out already and shored it up from underneath. :D

You could rivet in some 2' aluminum bars or across the mount to keep it from flexing. While this may not look pretty, it would work. The other thing could be to attach a piece of carpeted, weather sealed, 3/4" thick plywood over the affected area with a hole cut out for the seat pedastal to fit through.
A good size would be 18"x18" with the pedastal hole right in the middle but you could make it whatever size you need.

Latest posts