how do you cover your boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

00 mod

Reaction score
If you don't keep your boat in a garage, what is the best way you have found to cover it and keep the cover from collapsing into the boat?
Jeff

I use my boat for duck hunting it's outside in all weather conditions. Just last week The 20+ inches of snow melted out of it.

I was at Academy sports today and saw jon boat covers in sizes ranging from 10-16 ft for about $40.00 I tried to go to thier website to post the link here but the covers I saw are not on the website. $40 seems like a good deal compared to other places like Overtons who wants $150 for a cover for a 15'6" X 60" jon boat!

Of course you could always just buy a tarp from Wal-mart and use some bungy cords to hold it down for about $20.

I got a cover at overtons on sale for 80 bucks and it is great. You can find jon boat covers for leess than 40 dollars on the outlet.

Attachments

• aaaaaa.JPG
    aaaaaa.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 502
Not a great photo, but it's all I have right now:

If I'm not using it...it's covered. Came with the boat when I bought it. I'm told it's a custom fit, and man is it tight. Works very well too.

Attachments

• Boat COVER.jpg
    Boat COVER.jpg
    443.2 KB · Views: 498
On a jon style tie a quick snap to a section of thin rope, attach that to the bow eye.

Run the rope back to somewhere near the rear of the boat....Build sticks out of 2x2's and cover the ends with carpet (so you don't mess up your cover)
Staple the thin rope to the sticks. Once you get to the last stick the rope stops. Then tie two ropes on angles to stern eye. Each with a quick snap at the stern eyes.

When you are ready to cover you snap the rope to the bow eye, stretch it back and hook the two snaps on the back. Get in the boat and stand up the sticks.
Then cover the boat.

I have no pics. :lol: This was the general idea how I've put shrink wrap on boats. Only not using quick snaps.

Latest posts