how do i mount a fish finder....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVAN_COCHRAN

Reaction score
I was trying to find the best way to run the wires and mount the transducer off my fish finder. I tried to use the search to answer my question but since i learn by sight it was no help. please send links to how yall mounted your. I have a 10 foot jon boat all alluminum.......Thanks

Ok Ev. A couple of questions. Are you putting your boat on a trailer? Or are you pulling it out of the back of a pick-up? The reason I ask is if pulling in and out of a pick-up, you have more chance of knocking a perminant mount around and breaking something. A trolling motor with a fish-finder in the shaft may be a better way to go. If using a trailer, I would mount my transducer in the back on the transom using a block of plywood glued with water-proof glue to screw into. run my wires up and over to the front hiding them under the bench of along the bulkhead and mount the head unit on the bow. Put my trolling motor up front, my battery in the back. With a canoe paddle mounted through an old trolling motor bracket, clamp it to the transom where a motor would uauslly go to keep the stern on an even keel and put my seat up front to fish out of. If any of this strikes your fancy, fire back and I'll go into more detail for you.

Yeah im putting it on a trailer. I want to mount it to the back but i dont wanna knock any more holes in the boat. I got a 100$ bass pro finder. I wounlder how tough the transducer is gonna be, i fish alot of rivers.

That all depends on where you want your locator, where your battery is and where you want your transducer.

Are you running a trolling motor? If so, I would mount the transducer on it.

If your battery is in the rear and you want your locator in the front, run the wires through the splash rib either in pvc that has been inserted behind it or some of the black wire loom.

Latest posts