1990 Grumman Outlaw SX

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdhc10

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me where to find specs on this boat. It is 17' long. The seller told me its 36" wide but that just dont sound right to me. Can somebody fill me in on these boats?

Any chance it was a dyslexic moment and what he meant was 6' 3"

Never seen a 17ft that's 36" wide

thats what i was thinking. 36" doesnt sound right for this type of boat. I will post pics if i can. It had a side console and plenty of room between seats. If it was 36" you would probably be sitting in the drivers lap

here is the boat

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    183.5 KB · Views: 1,592
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 1,592
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 1,592
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 1,592
thanks Brine. I will ask the seller again to verify the width. Im not sure if its a good deal but he wants $500 for it.

It's a good deal in my neck of the woods even if the motor is locked up. Assuming the boat doesn't leak and the trailer is in good shape.

That has alot of modding potential. I'd look over all the welds and make sure they're in good shape.

he said the only reason im selling cheap is neither the hull or motor have a title. The owner before him lied to him about the titles when he purchased it. I already checked with Parks & Wildlife here and its about 100 to get the papers right

well..... I don't have any info on the title stuff, but if it's a $100 fix, it still looks like a good deal to me.

Do you know the condition of the motor? If it runs, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

as far as i know it runs, he said it could use a rebuild. I think im going to go look at it this weekend.

well i found out that the motor does not run, and its a 3100 dollar rebuild here locally.

Ironic you came across a Grumman. I have 1989 Grumman Renagade, 16ft, 60inch across the back deck (i guess that would be the beam)
I bought mine in 2006 from a man that was no longer healthy enough to ride in boats. I was a lucky guy that day. He had replaced the motor and the trolling motor a year earlier, putting on a 4 stroke 40hp honda and 32lb Minn-kota. I jumped all over that deal.
Since then I have added a recirulator to the livewell, replaced 90% of the wiring, repainted it with a case of spray cans.
I love the boat it gets me every where I need to go.
I was never able to locate any schematics or manuals. If you do please share.

Hull and trailer are worth more then $500.
Did he say whats the problem with the motor,may not need a rebuild.
Could always part out that outboard to finance a second hand one.

he hasnt said yet. I asked if it was locked up. i figure if its not seized up there is a good chance of just a good tune up would make it run

Latest posts