Whats my boat rated for/good deal?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usingmyrights

Reaction score
I picked up a 1436 Landau w/trailer and a MK Enduro 30 for $200 a few days ago. The front was already decked, with locking storage under it. The deck was made out of EMT and an old street sign so it strong and doesnt add much weight. Came with a livewell, a few rodholds (just the basic cheapie ones), a piece of some kinda of heavyduty plastic that was made to replace the old wood on the transom, life jackets, and the guy said he's got an anchor for it (forgot to grab it from him, but he lives walking distance from my house. The trailer needs new springs, and the boat could stand to be painted and new carpet. Lots of glassresin on the bottom but no leaks. It looks like the info sticker was painted over and I can't seem to find it online. I'm looking for the weight/person rating for it. My concern with the number of people is that I'll exceed the recommended number, but be far below the weight rating. Me and my g/f would be just under 300lbs for the two of us and the kids are only about 50lbs each. I think that them being small it should be ok. Obviously once they get old it'll be a concern, but I'm hoping by then to have a biger boat.

Congrats on your new boat! Let's see some pics.

Here's a mod on a 1436 Landau '85. Maybe he can help you out with the capacity info?...
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=16678