foam for boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dc3232

Reaction score
So I would have to stack them on top of each other to get it up to an 1-1/2 in.? Are they strong enough to walk on?

dc3232, and Baitcaster, sorry I was cleaning up the links to thread and accidentally deleted your first post, I was trying to move it to its own topic. Anyhow sorry for that.. Post away.. As was said before i screwed up. A lot of guys are using the blue/pink foam from lowes and home depot and such.

Yeah, it's strong enough if it's laying flat and you put ply across the top of it. I've got it between every rib on my boat.

I stacked foam boards (2 boards glued with gorilla glue and sprayed with urethane) 2 high and it made them even with the ribs. I then put plywood on top for the floor. Its awesome works fine. and supports the plywood floor great.https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17299

You will want to use the pink "closed Cell" foam. I used regular Styrofoam that said it was for exterior and interior use and was moisture resistant. I coated it with urethane. But I plan to replace it with the closed cell at the first sign of water logging.

Latest posts