Tracker vs weldbilt

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugpac

Reaction score
Ok so i can get a tracker 1860 all weld with a floor, deck, trolling motor mount all painted for 3973.00 out the door, the weldbilt i would have to custom order and the base price plus the tracker options were talkin 4476.00 out the door. Seems logical to buy the tracker with a 5 yr warranty eh, plus the tracker is a mod v which 1860 could handle some pretty big water i would think..

The more and more I look at the Tracker boats, the more I realize that aren't built very well at all. From the Jon boats up to the grizzlies and bass models, all seem like costs were cut in production, which is why they seem so reasonably priced. Go with the Weldbuilt, I hope I'm not offending current tracker owners, but you asked.

Ictalurus said:
The more and more I look at the Tracker boats, the more I realize that aren't built very well at all. From the Jon boats up to the grizzlies and bass models, all seem like costs were cut in production, which is why they seem so reasonably priced. Go with the Weldbuilt, I hope I'm not offending current tracker owners, but you asked.

Please explain further, I have heard trackers crack ribs and such, Tracker tom had a 17 and we fished big water out of it flawlessly.

Seems like everytime I open a hatch on one at BPS, the hinge and rivets are already loose and the hatch will wiggle considerably. The smaller Jons don't have ribs extending up the sides and the wood on the outside of the transom is usually missing paint somewhere and is extremely thin in other places. Don't get me wrong, if someone handed me a 1448 Grizzly, I'd think I'd won the lotto, but if I had to buy new, it would be something else. I've seen the Grizzly 1860 at my local lake, the size is a thing of beauty.

After looking at several different manufacturers at a recent boat show.. it looks like all of them have started cutting corners. I really couldn't believe the lack of attention to detail and the changes made to cheapen them up.

Build quality overall is way down from the last few years with a lot of the manufacturers but they sure haven't lowered the price any. I have to say, I was pretty shocked.. and that takes a little.

Jim said:
Lowe boats (cabelas has them if you have one near you).

X2

I saw these at a Cabela's while traveling. Thought they were a nice boat at a reasonable price.

Jim said:
Lowe boats (cabelas has them if you have one near you).

No Cabelas in this part of the woods. They almost put one in a town about 20 minutes from here, which I was hoping for, and then came close to putting one at the interstate, at 8 minutes from my driveway, which I was REALLY hoping for, but neither happened. :cry:

If you do decide to go with the Tracker, take a look at the repo Fishers (rebadged Trackers, to the best of my knowledge) that Bunch marine has. He has a couple 1860s with Trailstar trailers for 3k.

My brother had one of the tracker grizzly boats and kept having problems with welds breaking on the ribs. Needless to say he didnt keep it very long.

Not one of your choices,but my cousin just bought a 20ft Xpress jon boat and its built really well.

A few months back I was looking for a new jon, and while the price of the trackers was tempting, I kept reading about folks having issues with them. This was with the base models all the way up to the premiums.

I also looked at War Eagle, G3, Lowe, Alumacraft, and Alweld.

I went with Weldbilt. Granted, I have a local dealer who sells them, so I didn't get the 250 delivery fee and was able to deal face to face. But, I am glad I went with this comapny. The thing is built like a tank. They can custom do about anything you want, and I can tell you, the quality is superb. It might not be the prettiest thing on the water, or the flashiest, but dollar for dollar, I think it's one of the best deals around today. And I didn't buy a boat to look pretty, but to help me fill the freezer with fish.

My .02
Skidz

Well I bought a 18/60 fisher today from bunch marine, I am so busy right now they are giving me till the end of the month to take delivery. :)

Latest posts