Grizzly double seat mount

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quackrstackr

Reaction score
I do a lot of spider rigging for crappie starting this time of the year and usually have someone that wants to go along. My boat came with a single pedestal mount in the front deck so I have just been using a couple of bag chairs on the deck for the last two years. :LOL2:

I decided this year that I was going to install 2 more pedestal mounts in the deck before someone flipped backwards out of the boat (hopefully not me). Once I layed it out, I discovered that the 2" holes required to installed the mounts were going to cut my deck bracing right in half. Since there is no way to weld the mounts to the bracing to stiffen everything back up, that scuttled that plan.

I then accidently stumbled across this setup. It is a lot more stable than I thought that it was going to be, even with 2 250 lb guys perched in the seats. There is a center collar for running a pedestal pole through to hold everything in place on the deck.

I would have preferred matching seats but I already had the low back and my wife picked up the high back version while on a business trip that just so happened to have a Bass Pro nearby. I'm not OCD enough to spend another $55 for the match. :lol:

This is a pretty good solution for any of you that may need such a setup.

Attachments

• seatstand2.jpg
    seatstand2.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 2,502
Did you make that setup or does it have another use? I could use something like that for when I take people out on my boat. Ive only got two seats now but plenty of room to put that contraption on my floor or deck.

I bought it from grizzyljig.com

I guess you could use it for about anything. It would be pretty slick in a ground blind while deer hunting.

I really like it and could use one for my boat. I crappie fish also. It looks like it might be difficult to get in and out of with two people sitting that close and a seat rail down the middle. For instance, to put fish in the rear livewell or to get extra supplies not stored on the front deck it might be tight. Or, you could just swivel to the outside with your feet over the water :D . Over all i like it. What do you think? it might be roomier in person.

Swiveling to the outside is what I am planning on doing. That's really the only way to get to the back.

Plenty of room to do that without dangling your feet over the water, although the pic doesn't look like it. :lol: