Using a ladder for aluminum

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stone4140

Reaction score
My brother suggested using an old aluminum ladder for decking supports. I thought he was joking but I have since read of people using them. Just wondering what people think and/or if anyone has pics of them using one. If I can get a 32ft aluminum ladder for $50 that's 64ft of bracing not counting the steps. Any thoughts or other creative ways to get aluminum would be great.

Just think of the possible boat names:

The Two Step
Stairway to Heaven
One Step up

:LOL2: :LOL2:

Captain Ahab said:
I have been looking for ladders and have had no luck - would be great

I seen a few on craigslist here in upstate NY.The key is to find some older ones so its actually cheap. Id feel kinda bad cutting up a new one anyways.

Well I got a 35' and a 10' aluminum ladder today for $30 total from craigslist. I am working on a 16ft starcraft I'll post some pics as I go.

I've been thinking of using a ladder for deck framing too. Picked one up at a pawn shop today for $40. Probably could have gotten it cheaper but I'm working on buying an outboard from him. I'd rather pay full price for the ladder and get a deal on the outboard.

Anyone have pics that used a ladder? (for decking)

Latest posts