Paint questions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Its been a long time since ive posted on here even though i browse the forums allot. So hello to all. I have questions about paint.
I feel certain that there is probably a good thread on the subject that would answer my questions but i have yet to come across it. Feel free to point me in the right direction. I have a few different boats and have a small amount of experience painting. In the past ive painted a twelve foot jon with krylon primer and paint, and ive painted a ten foot wooden sail boat with Interlux primer and interlux brightside. The sail boat turned out pretty good considering i brushed it on. I put allot of work into sanding and prep. I also refinished the mahogany with captains spar varnish. My questions concern jon boat paint. What kinds of paint do the boat manufacturers use? Or how can i achieve a paint job that looks factory jon boat green? I would be open to buying a paint sprayer and learning to use it. Im just not finding any camo colors in the high end marine paints like interlux. Im currently fixing up a fourteen foot jon for crappie/duck hunting and want a higher end look than krylon spray paint. I think the only paints listed on the products list thread were steelflex and reelfootcamo. of course we all know about krylon and rustoleum. Any thoughts?

For good camo colored paint check out Parker Duck Boat Paints. Cabelas carries it.

Latest posts