Picked up boat number TWO!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkansasnative

Reaction score
Well i am beginning to think i have an addiction! i haven't even finished my first boat project and i just got number 2 today! Long story short, my grandpa was given this boat a long time ago to let the duck hunters who lease out fields from us to carry their stuff. Its been sitting out under an old oak tree for a few years and while i was out looking at it today my grandma came and told me to take it! then we went into an old storage shed beside the oak tree where i found two trolling motors and a trolling motor bracket... grandma said take em! So i ended up with a little 1030 and two trolling motors for FREE! A little TLC and a 10 dollar box of rivets and she'll be set. I just plan to fix everything and leave it bare bones to save weight because the max with gear is only 260lbs! This will just be my personal all electric backwater rig...

Just did a HIN number lookup on it and its a 1973 model made by the Ain't Perfect Boat Co. of Newport, NC... Don't know how i feel about that company name! :shock:

Here's a quick pic i took earlier...
2011-02-27_15-42-09_534.jpg

Can't beat that deal.
My brother and I had a little one like that for years.
It would get around great with a set of oars.

Thanks! Its weight capacity with gear is only 260lbs so this is a solo cruiser... i plan on using one of the trolling motors on it. I have thought about using oars so i wouldn't have to register it though! As of right now im only 10 bucks into it because i bought a box of solid rivets... the only box i could find was a 250 count from mcmaster-carr. Im gonna go ahead and replace all the rivets in it just for piece of mind and because i have enough to do the boat 4 or 5 times! :lol:

We had three teenage boys in ours once.
It was a dead calm creek about ten feet wide though.
Not a lot of boat showing above the water.

Latest posts