Has anyone built a plywood boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis91

Reaction score
I have a extra trailer from a ski boat and a 50 horse evinrude off a old boat and am interested in building a plywood skiff boat for exploring and fishing the bay in panama city. has anyone built one.

I have just built a Devlin design plywood/wood duck boat. I have completed the construction but have not painted it yet. I fiberglassed the bottom and about halfway up the sides. The entire boat is coated with epoxy resin, and I filled the front and rear sections with the pour in foam before applying the top front & rear decking. It is low profile, shallow v bottom with about a 5' beam and a little less than 12' in length. I have about a 4'X4' interior opening. I primarliy plan to fly fish out of it. It was suggested as stitch and glue construction, but I built a frame with a keel. It was really enjoyable to build.

Nearly 20 years ago, I built a 16 ft dory. It was a rowing style boat. Lots of fun and challenge building it off of $5.00 plans. I'd buy real plans if I were to do it again. rich

I have wanted to build one for a while. I have an old evi fasttwin 15 i'd like to put on an old style wooden boat. Been looking at the glen-l plans for quite a while. I real like the squirt and the utility.

Check out www.glen-l.com
I have a 10' plywood hydroplane I'm working on.
It looks like glen-l's Super Spartan.

lckstckn2smknbrls said:
Check out https://www.glen-l.com
I have a 10' plywood hydroplane I'm working on.
It looks like glen-l's Super Spartan.

Oh no, oh no...... this can't be happening. I checked out this website and the seed has been planted - build my next boat! I like the 18' Kingfisher - ideal for hunting those Lake Ontario Salmon.

Latest posts