Grizzly 1448SC questions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovedr79

Reaction score
does anyone have a picture of a grizzly 1448SC with the dealer installed livewell? i got the livewell but wasnt going to take the boat back to them 2 hour drive away or pay them to install. so they just shipped it to me when they got it, only took 2 months. also their instructions and "kit" are very vague.

and does anyone have any pictures of a 1448SC with a rear deck covered? i am looking for ideas on how to make a hinged cover to gain the wasted open space over the battery, excess length of control cables, i think the guy that did the setup was lazy.......

I will try to post pics tonight of what i have done so far.

Bobberboy has done some excellent work on his grizzly 1448, dig through some builds and check it out. Also I would love to see a picture of the livewell you got through tracker, please post one.

i will leave out the details, but i am sure glad i didnt pay for the livewell or should i say aluminum bait bucket. i will trake a pic of it tonight.

Found Bobberboy's tracker.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=13758

thanks! here are the pics i just took, the "livewell is'nt mounted it is just sitting there. trolling motor installed last weekend. to replace my homeade bracket that i had made up to finish out the end of the season to save for the bow mounted. hopefully my pics will load.....

Attachments

• boat 1.jpg
    boat 1.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,919
  • Boat.jpg
    Boat.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,919
i love the flip up front deck and do like the rear deck. it is kind of what i had in mind to make on mine, i was consdering getting a piece of aluminum to cover that and make a frame out of angle iron to attach to the sides and bench with the idea of making it open from front to back or front to rear with a little hinge work. i still havent quite decided on putting the TM battery in a box in the bow if i can find a small cheap hatch cover if do break down and cutt a hole in the front deck. i did see a boat on here last night that someone had hatches on both sides cutt into the foam and hatch covers installed. and i would like a hatch cover for the gaping hole that BP calls "storage" where everything you put in it slides out or blows out going down the road. i also spent alot of time last night checking out bobberboys work too.

What motor and prop do you have on this? Does your cavitation plate sit even with the bottom or is it 11/2-2 inches below? thanks

i have the merc. 20hp. i havent checked it with a ruler but it is even or really close. i will check it tonight and let you know. i do have a stingray speed hydrofoil on it that made a difference in plane time. it has the stock prop on it.

I noticed the empty seat mounting plate in-between the two seats that are installed. Are the 2 seats inserted in the same kind of mount?

If so, I think that is a great Idea. 1 seat for you, and 1 seat for a passenger. When you get to the fishing hole you can put one in the front deck and one in the center mount on the back deck. Then while fishing from the back deck you don't have the other seats in your way and have the whole rear deck to work from.

I also noticed that on your boat that behind the rear bench the two parts of the deck that go back to the transom are a little lower than the rear bench itself. Mine was flush with the bench so I had to cover the whole thing to keep it even. With yours however it looks in the pic like its about 3/4 of an inch lower than the bench. You might be able to just cut a piece of 3/4 ply to fit right in there and it would be flush with the bench. That would cover your battery and gas tank area and be strong enough to stand on with out any support at all, you could just pull it up when you wanted to get to your batt. or gas tank. Four 2"x2" strips of velcro (one all four corners) would hold it perfectly in place when towing or driving and allow you access very easily. Plus you don't have to put any more holes in your baot with screws or fasteners.

Some of the manufacturers that make jons with the split rear seat have a little lip and a piece of ply fits there perfectly.

You can see the lowe 1455 SS (split seat) has that little lip here.. https://www.loweboats.com/showroom/welded-jon/roughneck-jon/r1455.php

Then you can see how they filled it in with the factory option here... look at the lower picture and move the mouse over it you can see how they just filled it in with an "option" https://www.loweboats.com/showroom/welded-jon/roughneck-jon/r1455sc.php

Your boat is going to really cool.

If it were my boat I would not add to or alter the front deck at all.. Maybe a nice hatch to cover the access hole but thats it.

I would leave the TM battery exactly where you have it. Just secure it nice and neat and leave it alone. On the left side where you have it currently it will help to even the load when you are sitting on the right side.

Because you are using the front batt for the TM and probably other accessories Check this batt box out. It has connectors on the outside and a 12V outlet.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/SeaSense-Deluxe-Power-Station/10086725?sourceid=1500000000000003260410&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=10086725

reed i added the two plates that the two rear seats are mounted in currently. was much harder that i had anticiapted but not too terribly bad. the lip on the rear side floats is only about a 1/4". when i first started fishing with this boat i was only using the 2 seats, but it was uncomfortable to sit up front. so i pulled a seat out of my 10' lowe for the front.

i do like that battery box with the connectors on it.

so far i love my little boat. now i just need to get the weather to co-operate so i can take it out.

I am looking at buying one of these boats with the split rear bench. I already have a 25 yam 2 stroke but it doesn't have power trim/tilt. Do you think it'll be easy to access the motor to manually put it in "shallow water mode" when I'm idling through shallow water?

yes there is plenty of room to get to the motor especially with the split rear bench. i have ordered a front hatch for that gapping hole they have up front. relocated my light pole and finally added the bracket for my trusty just incase paddle. i will add pics when the hatch is installed. been taking me awhile to get things done being that we have a newborn so bare with me. :)

well i got the "livewell" installed, but i am using it mainly for storage. got a hatch for the front, installed. got a transom elevator to raise motor to proper height, installed works great by myself, need to test with an average size fishing buddy. had a heart attack this weekend when my wife's friends husband wanted to go for a ride and i could only get 12mph! he is 300+LBS! i about died. then i put him on the shore and aaaahhhhhh! heart rate back to normal. got 24 mph and no porposing. works great need to take hydrofoil off and see what happens. boat is coming along. rear deck/extension/acess door almost ready to be installed, then i am done for a little while.

was very shocked at how much difference it made without the big guy with me. when he was in the boat the prop would slip if not trimmed right or just PLOW! the cav plate is about 1" higher than the bottom. so i know that has something to do with it. but i couldnt resist at the offer given to me by another member for the elevator. i coulnt have bought the materials for that price.

Latest posts