looking for suggestions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampthing111

Reaction score
Ok I have got a 50's Aerocraft 12 foot flat bottom Jon that I am going to start restoring this weekend. It will mainly be used for bass fishing in lakes where I can not use gas motors, so I will be powering it with a trolling motor. I want to use the space under the bow for storage and I want to add 2 swivel seats. Looking for advice. This weekend I will be cleaning, sanding, and painting it with self etching primer inside and out. Here are some pics of the boat.

008-2.jpg

012-1.jpg

010.jpg

Thanks Swampthing

Man, I hate to say it, but I wouldn't do anything to that boat. That's a pretty unique little dude and looks to be in great condition from the pics. I personally would want to do anything to such a great little tinny - but it's not mine and you have to do what will give you what you want out of that boat. Either way you go, good luck and you have an awesome little boat!

cool little tin , a couple of seats and your ready to go !! as for the front for storage :idea: BIG BEER COOLER !!! LOL , good luck keep us posted

It is a cool little design on there. Because you already have the front deck, you could easily extend that to the front bench. There are quite a few similar mods on here with that design. This pic might help you jump start your brainstorming session:

swampthing.jpg

Latest posts