Bow Mount Trolling Motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grenation

Reaction score
I bought a 14ft lund dlx a few years a go and I ended up picking up a bow mount trolling motor this winter. I seen on this site that many of you have mounted one on your boats. How did you guys add to the bow so mounting a trolling motor would be possible? below is a picture of the bow on my boat, can you guys please give me some tips. This will be my first time adding anything to a boat.
IMG00023-20110313-0910.jpg

I can't help you but am currently facinfg the same problem trying to mount a bow mount foot controlled Minn Kota. I am thinking of mounting some angle aluminum to the gunnel rails and than a triangle piece of checker plate aluminum of a piece of wood covered with vinyl boat flooring and then I can mount the motor to it.

If it was me, I'd probably get a piece of aluminum to cover the nose farther back. I'd screw it to the top of the rail, and back in with wood for more support. That or take it to a fab shop to have them weld a piece in.

Well this is what I came up with. Some 1" aluminum angle and a piece of checkerplate aluminum and a box of aluminum rivits.

Attachments

• HPIM0136.JPG
    HPIM0136.JPG
    707.3 KB · Views: 369
  • HPIM0137.JPG
    HPIM0137.JPG
    835.8 KB · Views: 369

Latest posts