Paint match, Evinrude motor ( blue)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess it depends on what color blue your Evinrude is. I have seen them in several different shades ranging from a light sliver blue to a very dark navy blue. I just repainted a 1972 Fastwin 9.5 and I used a navy blue engine enamel from an auto part store. What year is it?

Did you know OMC sells the paint in a spray can, and lists the cans by model/year? I bought 2x cans for my 77' 15hp from my local OMC dealer, and it cost me $16.

Take the motor or a piece of the motor to an auto paint supply store...they can match it up with a card or computer depending on what equipment they have and should be able to put it in a spray can for you. Just did my 15HP and it cost $10 for the spray paint and I have enough to do another 5 motors if needed. While your there pick up a can of primer and a good can of clear coat. Sand the scratched up areas then clean with lacquer thinner and let dry then clean with soap and water and let dry completly. Next prime it and let it dry and then paint it and then clear it.

nymarine.com has exact matches for outboard colors. His paint is pretty pricey but its exact and he goes back to the 50's with his colors.

Latest posts