Marine wire source?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my 12VDC trolling motor to a 24 VDC and am replacing the power wires for it. I need about 20 feet of each red and black (or about 40' of any color really) of 6 AWG marine grade tinned wire. West Marine wants my whole paycheck for it, BPS doesn't sell it, Gonna check with their boat center today. DOes anyone have a decent online source for economically priced marine grade wire?

Genuinedealz.com has 25' spools for $30.67 each which is the best price I can find so far.

Price of all metals are skyrocketing right now, so you aren't going to find a better price.

Why they are climbing, I don't know, as it doesn't look like the economy is turning around very much around here, but I know that material quotes from my supplier aren't valid for as long as they used to be, and the prices are consistently climbing, whereas for a while they would just fluctuate up and down a bit within the same range.

I just had to buy 50' of 2 gauge welding cable. Not a fun purchase. :shock: Even less fun was the new water cooler that went up 110 bucks a matter of hours before I sat down to order.

Popeye said:
Home Depot $1.10 a foot. Got it and installing tomorrow... barring any weather interruptions.

6 gauge stranded wire? Where did you find it at HD? I looked and all they had was house wiring.

Yep, 6 ga, stranded house wire. Once I pulled the original wire out, I saw that Tracker didn't use tinned marine wire and that there were no problems with it (other than being to small) I went with it.

Popeye said:
Yep, 6 ga, stranded house wire. Once I pulled the original wire out, I saw that Tracker didn't use tinned marine wire and that there were no problems with it (other than being to small) I went with it.

Awesome, I will look this week.... and I love that blond in your sig..... who is that and what is she bitching about!

I just like to watch her for a while and somehow my day just brightens up. How can you not spend a couple minutes watching her and not smile.

I received that .gif on the bottom of an email with a blond joke and I just had to laugh.

Try finding some on sale booster cables at a liquidation or clearance house. You may have trouble finding some 20 feet long but I found some 6 guage 16 footers at Walmart to cut the ends of and use the wire. Its cheaper that buying wire.

FSNMachine said:
Try finding some on sale booster cables at a liquidation or clearance house. You may have trouble finding some 20 feet long but I found some 6 guage 16 footers at Walmart to cut the ends of and use the wire. Its cheaper that buying wire.

For a shorter length than I needed or if time wasn't a critical factor that is a good idea and one worth remembering

MikeA57 said:
I found Tinned 6AWG wire at Greg's Marine for $1.09/ft. Shipping was going to be $9.95 for it to Mississippi.
https://gregsmarinewiresupply.com/Z...roducts_id=1:f286ec5af246897dc500e597521128b5

I'm going to check at HD/Lowes myself and see if they carry it here.

Mike

Well since I already made my purchase and installed the wire I'm pretty much done looking for this. However, if the stuff I am using doesn't work out, then I'll use this source. Gonna bookpage it for future reference.

Latest posts