Sea Nymph 14K Rehab ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfkiii

Reaction score
Hi All,

This boat was left behind by the previous owner of a house we purchased. As you can see, it is a Sea Nymph 14K.

I believe this boat is aluminum, but the rust on the sides has me thinking otherwise. I believe this boat is repairable and I'd like to take it down to bare metal, clean it up inside and out, replace any wood with marine grade plywood, and give it a coat of paint.

Any tips or words of wisdom you can give on this project would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for all of your input.

Best Regards,

Dan

Attachments

• SeaNymph14K.JPG
    SeaNymph14K.JPG
    583.1 KB · Views: 1,618
1) Not rust. Dried/baked on scum from being left in the water & then not cleaned up after the season was over.
2) Make **** sure that the previous owner won't be wanting it back ESPECIALLY after you put all that work into it. #-o
3) Look at others completed boat projects here that are similar to your boat & PM them if you have any questions.
Good Luck!

I agree with Bloodstone it looks like dried up pondscum/algae. check your states licensing procedures about abandoned boats . I wouldn't sink any effort or money until legal ownership is established, or you might waste a lot of time/effort/money and not be able to use it. Or worse somebody else will be floating "your" boat.

Latest posts