Need help with new floor!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am redoing my 17' mirrorcraft designed to fish the saltwater here on long island. I am replacing wood with starboard on all the hatches,however the 25 year old floor is a little soft. I need something durable, that will last and won't quick, I don't care if its ugly. I will be out at every nice day I have off and even on the days where its rainy and not windy.... I was thinking marine plywood covered in herculiner, or maybe west system epoxy?

Any Idea's?

Thanks

Welcome to TinBoats.

Get a sheet of aluminum and call it done.

I am redoing my 16' MirroCraft with 1/2 ply as flooring and all aluminum underneath. Anything that will get wet is metal so no worries about rotting. I am taking the floor and sealing it with a 2 part epoxy resin sealer and then paining it with a no-slip marine paint.

I am using Overton's Tuff Coat Water-Based Epoxy Marine Primer with the Overton's Rubberized Nonskid Marine Coating. The 2 part primer looks like it is gonna really seal up the wood very nicely.