How to mount trolling motor?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jovush

Reaction score
I have a 14 foot Richline semi-v that came with a foot remote trolling motor "uninstalled". I'd like some suggestions or advise on how you guys would mount this. There is not a spot on the boat I see to mount without some rigging. Thanks

Take a look through some of the boat projects in this thread, I'm sure you'll see what you are looking for...

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3156

Without any pictures, It sounds like you'll have to build a platform to mount the trolling motor.

I'll go out and snap a few pics. The guy I bought it from had it laying in boat but said he was using it. I just don't know how he had it hooked up.

I may be currently facing the same problem. I just bought a 2010 Sylvan Sea Sanpper 14'. I have a bow mount with foot control Minn Kota Power drive 2. I am trying to figure out if I should buy a piece of checker plate aluminum or a pice of plywood and wrap it in boat floor vinyl. Either one would need to be cut to fit inside the front V of the boat to provide a platform to mount the trolling motor on.

Latest posts