Paint Theme Help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassBlaster

Reaction score
I had originally planned to camo my boat with Reelfoot Camo's stencil package useing one of there patterns called Reelfoot Thicket. I was going to camo the boat and buy an old motor and camo it to match. Well, you have seen the old motor I purchased and theres no way I am going to ruin that motor by painting it. I think it may look funny hanging off the back of a camo boat in its beautiful Holiday Bronze colors. So, I'm considering replanning the paint theme of the boat but I cant think of anything that will look good. Any ideas? All suggestions welcome!!

This is the camo pattern i was gonna use and all my lettering would be done in blaze orange...

reelfoot20thicket.jpg

But that may not be the best choice with this purty thang hanging off it...

57Johnson1.jpg

Hahaha. Yea it does get hot here in FL. 80+ yesterday already! That's not what the fan is for though lol.

Its a bowfishing boat. The fan is used like a trolling motor. Usually they rotate at least 180 degrees for steering purposes.

Its not mine (I wish it was) I saw it on a bowfishing forum the other day and when I saw the ole' red motor he had and that he was asking opinions on paint themes, I instantly thought of this boat. There are more pics here .

https://bow.fishingcountry.com/forums/showthread.php?1489-Redoing-my-boat&p=47463#post47463

Thanks for the link and the pics. I like that paint job. I never even thought of doing red camo. Maybe I can come up with some other variation that looks cool but not be the same that way I wouldnt be completely stealing his idea. I definately dont want my boat to shine. Regardless of the color or theme of the paint, I want to use flat colors.

I thought you might like that! At first glance its waay out there. But the more you look at it you start to think its pretty cool.

There are many different stencil patterns available out there. I think as long as you use the red and white that you have on the motor with some black and whatever else you want to throw in there it will come out just as good as the pics, and still be pretty original and unique to your boat.

Or you can go with the design you already have and incorporate the colors on your motor. Maybe throw in some of the same color as your trailer, and truck/tow vehicle to complete the whole rig look. Or just put the camo pattern on the wheels of the trailer too.

I was thinkng the same thing, maybe keep the same pattern and just switch up the colors, I dunno. I'll figure it out I guess.

I can't put the red on the trailer. The trailer is done and I have a lot of time invested in it so I dont wanna change it. I made the trailer white so it'll fit in regardless of what color everything else is.

Just a suggestion but it might be possible to find an old cowl, repaint it in the camo theme and just use it when you are out hunting. That 10 hp is just too nice to paint or even ding up.

I did a quick search in E Bay and found this and a few others...

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/johnson-evinrude-outboard-motor-cd-12-5-5HP-hood-cover-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c5b7d5878QQitemZ190513502328QQptZBoatQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesQ5fGear

Latest posts