Boat Cover Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medicman619

Reaction score
I am going to Bass Pro Shops next week looking for a boat cover for my 1969 14' Richline Semi-V. Its 60" at its widest point. Does anyone have any suggestions on the style or brand to get? I plan on doing my mod soon, so the seats will be removed and nothing much higher than the gunwales. Thanks!

Attachments

• 1103000816.jpg
    1103000816.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 583
1. Covers are rated by thickness (200,300,600). Usally the thicker the more expensive.
2. I would look for a cover for a 14.5- 15' boat with a beam of 67 inches because it will allow you to pull the cover over the sides of the boat better allowing for better protection.
3. Make sure that you buy straps of cord (if not included with the cover) because they help a lot.

Thanks for the info! I was hoping to add a PVC support structure like the one featured on the main page. With the added arch, any idea how wide I should go on the cover? An additional 2 feet? I worry that if I increase the width of the cover the length is going to increase considerably.

Well, I just got back from Bass Pro in Mason, Ohio. I ended up getting the WeatherSafe Travel Tite Cover. It is size "A" which is for 14-16' V-Hulls with a max 75" beam, and 600 denier polyester. It included the buckle straps and went on quite easily even with the blowing wind today. It looks like I have enough width to add the PVC frame underneath. :D And the best thing is that it was on sale for $107.99...originally $134.99! =D>

Attachments

• Boat Cover.jpg
    Boat Cover.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 551

Latest posts