paint

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kev

Reaction score
hello everybody i m newie to the site . i have a question about paint my 16' polar kraft it have paint on it already if sand it down some can i just prime it or do i have to use self etch prime if i do what r some name of self etch prime. went to walmart didnot find any . what does seft etch prime do and i see alot guys talk about steel flex what is that for. sorry for all the dummy question it my first tin thank kevin

Welcome to tinboats kev! If you type your keywords into the top right search bar, you'll get about 24 hours worth of reading on these topics :LOL2:

If you sand the boat down to bare metal, you'll need to use self etching primer. You can find it at most autoparts stores or home depot (rustoleum makes a rattle can of it). Self etching primer adheres to the bare metal allowing paint to stick better.

I just looked at some At Home Depot for 5.48 a can (12oz can) I am going to buy 6 and go from there. I want to paint my boat the same color as my truck but they said the color I need is not availible in a quart so I may have to settle for the rattle cans. I wanted to put the paint on with my paint gun so it would cover evenly

Latest posts