5200 drying time

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixshootertexan

Reaction score
How long should I wait before mounting my motor on my boat? I just installed the jackplate and sealed it with 5200. I know it says 30 minute set time and 48hour full cure. I was hoping to be able mount it tomorrow after church. That will be about 18 hours of drying time.

You should be fine - you are using it as a sealant? It takes a few days until fully cured - but it will cure wet or dry so go ahead and do what you need to do

5200 is some great stuff. It dries quickly but the longer you can wait the better off you are.

It's VERY temperature, and humidity dependant. VERY.

In ideal conditions, an hour or two, is good enough. Cool and humid, 24 hours.

also, remember that there are 2 kinds of 5200... one that is tack free in 24 hours and cured in 7 days (blue label), and the faster version that is tack free in an hour and cured in 48 hours (red label). i accidentally bought the slower version yesterday, have to find some of the fast stuff today.

I think you will be fine with the regular stuff.

That is what I have always used. I've probably gone through 200 tubes of the stuff. :shock:

Latest posts