A good idea or not?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndthwacker

Reaction score
I have been debating between i jack plate and pwer trim and have not got a strait answer what will help me out the best i want to run shallow and pick up top speed. i finnaly decided that i think i am going to go with a cmc power trim nd take mount a bracked to the back of that with mulitiple holes that are drilled a few inches apart so i could raise the motor around where i need to and find the sweet spot and then i wil also have a trim. And do you think that a trim would give my set up more speed?i have a 05 tracker grizzly 1448 allweld mod v with a 25 suzuki both the transom and the motor are 20 in. or would a power trim not help me out any and just as much worth it to go with a hydrolic jackplate?? money is not a issue so please no more people just telling me to build my own or put a piece of pipe under my motor clamps cuz its cheaper. thanks for the help

I just put a TH mini-jacker on my 1448 grizzly this weekend. You have to measure this and when it mounts it pretty permanent. I have a 25 hp mercury on mine and it weighs 157 lbs. I did get the measurements correct and my cavitation plate is even with the bottom of my boat. I don't know how shallow you are going, but I know this motor had an 22 1/2 shaft on it, 2007 Mercury made by a Japanese MFR. for Mercury?

Attachments

• 1448 Grizzly with Jack Plate 199.jpg
    1448 Grizzly with Jack Plate 199.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 584
  • 1448 Grizzly with Jack Plate 197.jpg
    1448 Grizzly with Jack Plate 197.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 584
  • 1448 Grizzly with Jack Plate.jpg
    1448 Grizzly with Jack Plate.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 584
my motor is a 92 suzuki 2 stroke so it is not to heavy like a 4 stroke and i am not completly sure about shaft lengh but it sits aabout 2 and a half inches lower then my cav plate being even with he bottom of my boat so i know that it has to be raised some, i just dont think that a hydrolic jack plate will be woth or even a manual one cuz i dont see me moving it much once i have it right but i do want to trim it for hopefully more speed. but cant find anyone that says that a trim will be piking up more speed. and i want to run as shallow as possible without getting prop slippage

For the money, a riser/jack plate will accomplish what you need. Top speed because it will drag less and able to run shallow because it will raise your motor up. I did this on my boat and set the pin to the middle hole and it worked perfectly. I run a 15hp 2 stroke Suzuki.

I do not have any way to tell how fast I'm going. I bought a powertech prop after consulting with them bought the TLR3R11P prop SS. Hard to answer without an GPS.

I think you have a good idea. It would give you more top speed and the trim would help dial in the hole shot. I thought cmc made a power tilt with some flexibility in height mounting. They have a few that are taller than the top of the transome when mounted. If you are mostly concerned with top end and running shallow a jack plate with 5 or so inches of set back set at proper height will do what your after. I would go with a jack plate and add hydro tilt to it. I plan on adding one to mine but it's all homemade. You could also do a jack plate for height and set back then get a good set of adjustable trim tabs to dial in trim. When I added mine I gained around 7mph top end.
morestuff251.jpg

Latest posts