Plywood Thickness

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think that for a floor half inch would be sufficient....also about half the weight of 5/8.
:?
ok, how is it that 5/8 is twice the weight when its only 1/8 thicker then 1/2" I would use 5/8 myself. Depends on your spand of supports and weight. I fished a crawdad with 1/2" and I broke it :lol:

I agree with You Howard... 1/2 may be a little lighter but 5/8" is much stronger... If it were me doing it I'd use the 5/8". but thats just me.

Ok admittedly half the weight may be an exaggeration...but honestly..which would you rather carry by hand to your truck from the lumber yard? I'm a little feller and 5/8 would be unnecessary weight for my boat. Nice to have input...but really it is user specific. If you weigh 150 or less...1/2" works.

Don't do a whole floor in my opinion. In mine I did square sections in front of the seats and went all the way to the edges....snug with the carpet and removable if needed.

Depends on if crawdad will be living on a trailer or not. If it's going to be tailored then it won't matter too much. I honestly can't remember if I have 1/2" or 5/8" but I think it's 1/2". If you're like many of us you'll be picking the boat up to put it in the back of the truck, or whatever your tow vehicle is. In that case, I suggest doing what Jim said. I have a carpeted board between the two seats and one in the front. Removing them when it comes time to move the boat makes a big difference.

Latest posts