does anybody elses wife / girlfriend ...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truckhuntfish

Reaction score
anybody elses wife / girlfriend think they are nuts for going outside in 30 degree weather to work on the boat ?

my wife is always telling me that i'm nuts and to wait for the weather to warm up , maybe thats why she won't help me. HA HA

I feel ya. My GF asks why im outside working on the boat all the time. When i ask for help she can handle five mins and runs back inside. lol :roll:

Women just don't understand our love of our boats.

However, I am also certain that we (males) will l never understand why a woman would stand outside of a store, at 4 a.m. on the day after Thanksgiving, to get Christmas present bargains.

Mars/Venus...I guess Rich

Not so much for working on a boat but for actually fishing here in Indiana in 15 degree weather. :shock: Me and my buddy went to a river that wasnt frozen and caught two crappie and a bass. Even his mother said we were crazy, but when he showed her the pictures, she had to believe we were right for thinking we could catch some. :mrgreen:

I work outside, she knows that it doesnt matter to me, and when its warmer the boat will be on the lake. I think shes nuts for wanting to go out when its 100+ with crazy humidity, Thats when Im inside.

Your lucky, I have too much snow blocking my pathway to even get to my boat right now. Shoveling snow sucks and the 4wd in the plow truck went out, so unless I shovel I have to wait till it melts away.

Matt

She probably does but she hasn't said anything.....she complains more about all the time I spend in the boat in the summer than she does watching me freeze my butt off to install something I could easily wait for the weather to warm to do.

I would have to agree with TNtroller,

My wife just thinks I'm nuts regardless.

But like someone else said, women just dont understand men and thier toys. :lol:

My GF and me were watching swamp people the other night and she turns and says "That's a good looking rig." I said "Hell yeah, I was just thinking the same thing."

After I just dropped four grand on a tinnie jetdrive without a peep, I think I got a keeper.

bigtuna22 said:
My GF and me were watching swamp people the other night and she turns and says "That's a good looking rig." I said "Hell yeah, I was just thinking the same thing."
After I just dropped four grand on a tinnie jetdrive without a peep, I think I got a keeper.

That's how I got to where I am today. I had a nice boat that I took my wife and daughter out in and she told me after 3 or so hours that it wasn't comfortable and needed more seating. I told her the only way to do that would be to buy a bigger boat. 4 or 5 weeks later.....I had 2 boats! :LOL2: Mine's a keeper too! Just don't tell her that. She might get the upper hand on me. :mrgreen:

My wife just shakes her head and says she wishes someone would steal my boat. She is kidding of course, but she still doesn't understand.

My wife just asks how much more I'm going to spend on my $600 boat and that's what she knows about! I try to keep her in the house until it is done, then she won't care.

I've got a great wife. The only complaint is that she hates fishing which is my fault. I ruined her because I would stay fishing all day and took her in some really rough weather when we first got married. She loves to go boat riding or hang out on the islands in the sun and sand, but refuses to go if there is one pole in the boat.

She never complains about me going even though I average about 100 days fishing a year, but I make sure things are done around the house and help out as much as I can. Which reminds me that I need to cut the grass so she can't say anything while I'm fishing Sat. and Sun.

Latest posts