Tin Boat funeral

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkrueger

Reaction score
I was passing a recycling place yesterday and a guy was parked on the scale with a pile of scrap metal with a 12' flat bottom jon boat on top of the heap. One of the saddest things I've ever seen. If he had been in line for the scale I would have tried to stop this crime from being committed.

Yeah it is sad seeing some really decent stuff in the scrap yards. The other week I was hauling a load to the local yard, some guy scrapped his Early 90's Camaro, RUST FREE, and all because the transmission went out. The guy refused to sell it to anybody but the yard, and the yard refuses to resell items almost all the time. I got to watch the clam grab that Camaro and there was silence from alot of people waiting in line. Then it really sucks when you see something even older, from the 30's-50's get grabbed by the clam. Some day I would like to restore an old car, but with scrap prices so high, people are way too eager to turn it into an ashtray instead of allowing somebody to give it life again.

Matt

Yeaa Once I saw a tin boat cut in half. And today when I sold a truck load of scrap I saw a husky truck box on top of a pile. i was tricked... I want one... bad and someone scrapped it for 20bucks... tops

i saw my old 12 ft. aluminum on craigslist 2 days ago.the guy was asking 500 for it.its all bent and leaks like a seive,and all the seats rattle.i had a hard time just giving it away.