Need Opinions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snooker

Reaction score
Looking at a Lowe 1648 mod v and an alumacraft 1648 mod v. Any opinions or experience appreciated. Thanks............Brian

alum1648rear.jpgalum1648.jpg

When I was looking for my boat the local boat shop had this Alumacraft 1648 NCS for $2,100.00 I ended up going with the 1542 from Academy sports for only$999.00

I had an all welded center console boat back in 1997 and it was very sturdy. I loved it! So when I was looking this time around I started looking at welded boats. While at the shops I noticed that the riveted boats had come quite a long way since I had a riveted boat as a kid. I am very impressed with the riveted lowes and Alumacrafts. I ended up with the Alumacraft based on the good deal I got. I am very happy with the construction of it. Its very well built and strong. The 1648 with a 20" transom can take up to a 35hp motor! and is big enough to rig with a center console. I think its a very good choice.

Either way you go.... with the Alumacraft or the Lowe, I am sure you will be very happy.

Latest posts