mounting seat bases in jon

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertm

Reaction score
Hi, I'm debating buying a new riveted jon. What is the best way to mount seat bases on the benches? What works the best? I want something I can stick through as an anchor to the underside so the bolts have something to anchor to.
thanks in advance,
Robert

Went and bought a new jon today. An Xpress. The shop mounted the pedestals for me. Hopefully I'll never have any problems with them.

xpress.jpg

I've got to modify my trailer a little bit. Got to move the bow stop back some and move the runners up some. Last boat was 14, this one is 12.

Wow, that's the nicest 12 ive ever seen.

I used to have a 1648 and it didn't fit in the garage. So... everytime I fished I had to uncover the boat and load my gear, then unload gear and re-cover. Too much trouble for a couple hours on the water. I sold it and bought a 12', then I could park it inside all ready to fish. Made it much easier to take short evening trips.

this one is going to allow me to better adjust the junk in my garage also. :)

I had a 16 and had to put the outboard in the store room in order to get it to fit in the garage. Unfortunately I had to sell that boat last year.

This 12 seems a lot heavier and better made than the ones I've looked at at Academy and Bass pro. This one is all welded so thats one good point, but theres no wood in the transom or anywhere either. Should last forever and with no rivet maintenance thank goodness.

Latest posts