Float test of newly modded boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeviStevenson

Reaction score
Hey all...pretty new member. Been lurking for a year or so and absolutely love the site.
Ok so I just finished decking and reinforcing my appleby 1232. Took it out for a float test on 4/01/12..Friday (a day of days in southern i :? daho...only 15mph winds) Anyway I was very worried that I had ignored the general consensus on decking a 32 at gunnel height....I know, I don't even like to say it. But with me alone in the boat...sitting on the pedestals or standing and with a big @ss lund screaming past me trying to knock me in the drink, it was pretty darned stable. I could comfortably stand at bow or stern in rough chop and huge wake. Now I'm still fairly young and light on the feet but I think it is waaay more stable than it should be. With a heavy engineering background I knew better...but I was blown away.
So half of the float test was to see if she leaked. I put about a hundred rivits through the bottom of the hull for aluminum tubing reinforcement on the floor...not a leak one. Went back home, grabbed the bow and shot a couple carp. Great bowfishing right now...bass not so much. Boat isn't complete yet but is fishable. And my 7.5 still gets it on plane. I will be posting my build soon...just have to get photobucket goin and I'll share...pretty intensive and worth sharing since it was inspired by the great members of this site. Thanks again all and I hope to help a few as much as I have been helped by the plethora of knowledge and info found here.
Oh yeah...anyone know anything about Coat It? It should be at my house by Friday....waaaay cheaper than steelflex.

If anyone knows how to post photos from an android based phone I can post now....otherwise I have to wait for a new laptop.....lab pups hate laptops. And I know, I know....it never happened if there are no pictures. I will experiment and see if I can get some up.

The image photo I tried to attach was invalid. Guess I have to wait till I'm at work and open a photobucket account. Until then I will post a YouTube video eh.

There have been a couple posts on Coat It. Someone posted pics and review. They seemed to be happy with the results.

Thanks brine, I will search for that post. I'm having trouble even posting my maiden voyage video to YouTube....good times. I'll post at work if given the opportunity.

LeviStevenson said:
Hey all...pretty new member. Been lurking for a year or so and absolutely love the site.
Ok so I just finished decking and reinforcing my appleby 1232. Took it out for a float test on 4/01/12..Friday

Wow, when we all catch up to you next year.....LOL

Just kidding, glad your stable!
Jeff

Latest posts