Coast Guard Cutter jon boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12voltchad

Reaction score
P2170004.jpg

P2170005.jpg

P2270001.jpg

P2270002.jpg

P4030004.jpg

Nice work! What's the story behind the boat? Is it for the Coast Guard, or are you currently in/former CG? Just wondersing, as some anglers may wonder if they're about to be inspected when they see the boat headed their way, lol.

Waterwings said:
Nice work! What's the story behind the boat? Is it for the Coast Guard, or are you currently in/former CG? Just wondersing, as some anglers may wonder if they're about to be inspected when they see the boat headed their way, lol.

Yeah, I was wondering if that is legal to put coast guard markings on your boat. Obviously, if you put "POLICE" across the side of your boat you could get into some deep trouble.

At the risk of being a total wet blanket, from the US Coast Guard website:

"Coast Guard Ensign
The Coast Guard Ensign is a symbol of the United States Coast Guard law enforcement authority and is, by law, restricted to official use only."

https://www.uscg.mil/community/Insignia_Requests.asp

Thanks guys. As far as being legal I don't really care. If they don't think it's funny so be it. No story behind the CG. I just thought it would be funny. Thanks again.

BassAddict said:
Quackrstackr said:
You'll care if they roll up on you and board your vessel. :wink:

LOL, gonna have to ask Joe what the procedure is for boarding a 12-14 foot joh boat :LOL2:
I'll step over on to there boat and ask to see there papers. BTW it's 15ft. Geez.

12voltchad said:
BassAddict said:
Quackrstackr said:
You'll care if they roll up on you and board your vessel. :wink:

LOL, gonna have to ask Joe what the procedure is for boarding a 12-14 foot joh boat :LOL2:
I'll step over on to there boat and ask to see there papers. BTW it's 15ft. Geez.

You do realize that the Coast Guard is armed. 8-[ . What waterways will you be running that thing on?

I'll be on NC lakes. Mainly Tillery, Badin, and Falls. Looking foward to getting out on the water.

Unlikely that you will run into the coast guard on your local lakes. However, the local Sherriff or State Police might have some questions.

I still think it's sharp looking....and when it's riddled with bullet holes it will look more authentic. :LOL2:
Is your life jacket bullet proof? :LOL2:

Looks good. I would definitely get a chuckle out of it if I saw it on the water.

"At the risk of being a total wet blanket"....

I am pretty sure that as stated, local law enforcement, and especially the DNR, will not think this is as funny as we do....

The US COAST GARD is a FEDERAL AGENCY...making this a FEDERAL OFFENCE...and as we all know, the Feds. don't mess around...

Perhaps if you could change the insignal slightly to make it appear C.G. from a distance but looking close you can see the difference, might get you off the hook (pun intended)....

Either that or get permission...here..

https://www.uscg.mil/community/Insignia_Requests.asp

"Coast Guard Mark and Emblem
Neither the Coast Guard Mark nor the Emblem may be reproduced outside the Coast Guard without approval. Vendors or others who seek to reproduce these identifying symbols must submit an outline of the intended use and a copy of the proposed design to Commandant (CG-09223). Click here to view and download the Coast Guard mark and emblem."

Outdoorsman

From the picture (it's very hard to tell) it looks like the words 'COAST GUARD' may have been omitted from the seal. If that's the case then -maybe- one could argue that it is not the official insignia.