Post a pic of your mounted bow trolling motor.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres my bracket,just welded 1/4" plate to the gunnel,it gave the bolts something to grab to.
I didn't go back to see your boat,thought it had a mount for a TM.
sydney and project 271.jpg
TM plate.jpg

It does, but its positioning really sux, the 109 is heavy and the gator mount takes a lot of room. It just sux. Ill post a pic tomorrow, I think i got it were i want it to be.

For now mine is just bolted to a 2x6 that has been screwed down to the front deck. I think I'm just going to throw some carpeting over the 2x6 until I can save up some money for an aluminum mount.

Attachments

• 042.JPG
    042.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 2,112
  • 045.JPG
    045.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 2,112
What ever you do, make sure the head of it doesn't stick out past the side of the boat. The PO di it like this on mine. You can see what happens when you run down next to tree by the second pic.
NewBoat.jpg

TMotor.jpg

I ordered this mount from War Eagle. They have two sizes, this one and then a taller 6" version. It's bolted through the deck in back and I rounded off the nose and put two self tapping screws into the lip of the bow. The pics don't show the nose mods...

Attachments

• TM 2.JPG
    TM 2.JPG
    675.4 KB · Views: 2,081
  • TM 5.JPG
    TM 5.JPG
    643 KB · Views: 2,081
  • TM 4.JPG
    TM 4.JPG
    567.3 KB · Views: 2,081
The mount isn't really the issue, Its the space it takes up on the deck, and how much of a PIA it is to lower and raise it. I am right handed and plan to mount on the right side of the boat, I got it located now so the pedal wont move when raised and lowered, as i plan to put a foot well and screw it down eventually. Ill post pics later, I am putting the floor in today and mounting the TM.

Here's some pics of mine.

KRS

Attachments

• IMG-20110405-00037.jpg
    IMG-20110405-00037.jpg
    663.7 KB · Views: 2,024
  • IMG-20110405-00038.jpg
    IMG-20110405-00038.jpg
    718.8 KB · Views: 2,024
  • IMG-20110405-00039.jpg
    IMG-20110405-00039.jpg
    709.6 KB · Views: 2,024
KRS62, Does your motor deploy and sto without hitting the boat with no overhang?

I am deciding where to mount my TM and it seems like no matter where I put it, it wants to hit the boat. My only solution so far has been to possibly mount the motor bracket with about 4 inches of overhang from the front.

Anybody have similar issues?

Dave11 said:
KRS62, Does your motor deploy and sto without hitting the boat with no overhang?

I am deciding where to mount my TM and it seems like no matter where I put it, it wants to hit the boat. My only solution so far has been to possibly mount the motor bracket with about 4 inches of overhang from the front.

Anybody have similar issues?

From what I remember (jeez, it's only been 8 month since I used it) it will deploy fine w/o hitting the boat, but when I retract it I have to lift it up a little bit to keep it from hitting the boat. I think to avoid this, the mount will need to overhang the boat. I wouldn't like the way that looks for sure. As an FYI, I didn't design or make this mount, it was on the boat when I bought it. I feel it is a good design but does have some flex when starting the motor at the highest setting. The other plug you see there is a 12v receptacle.

KRS

Mine has a good bit of overhang but it doesnt cause me any problems at all. It does flex a little but doesnt affect to operation at all.