wiring conduit and adhesive

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justnortherns

Reaction score
I'm trying to come up with (1) a choice for a wiring conduit and (2) what to use to attach the conduit to the boat. What I'm leaning toward is putting the conduit along the gunwale and using some kind of adhesive, since I'm too much of a novice to drill or cut holes anywhere in the boat.

PVC pipe seems to be a popular choice for conduit, what's the best adhesive to use to attach it to the boat? The adhesive should be (obviously) strong and waterproof, but it would be nice if it could also be easily removed, in the likely case that I add more electronics and modify the conduit piping later.

Are there other conduit and attachment solutions I've missed? Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

I used 3/4" pvc for my situation. I have a grove that runs along the side of the boat. I used epoxy putty to hold the pvc into that groove. So far so good.

My PVC pipe (on my last build) runs under the side braces in the indent of the side rib. Needs no glue to hold it in place. It's VERY secure and would be difficult to remove.

fender66 said:
My PVC pipe (on my last build) runs under the side braces in the indent of the side rib. Needs no glue to hold it in place. It's VERY secure and would be difficult to remove.
If you could post a picture of that, it would be appreciated. It seems like the PVC just snaps into place? I'll try to visualize if I could do the same with my design........................

justnortherns said:
fender66 said:
If you could post a picture of that, it would be appreciated. It seems like the PVC just snaps into place? I'll try to visualize if I could do the same with my design........................

I'll see what I can do.

check out my 2010 g3 mod.i used flexable conduit and stick on clamp ? type things that you slip a tie strap through. they work great and you can remove them.i got them at home depot.harbourfreight probably as well.

Latest posts