Please help identify potential project boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptDag

Reaction score
I have been thinking of a restoration project for some time. The idea of taking a derelict hull and making it useful once more is appealing to me. this one caught my eye. Need help with positive ID on this hull. This hull has been sitting, along with many other boats on this man's property, for some time. I would like to know more about it before I approach the owner. Maybe Starcraft? Year? other threads with similar rebuilds? thanks for any wisdom shared.

Attachments

• DSC_0326.JPG
    DSC_0326.JPG
    526.6 KB · Views: 443
  • DSC_0327.JPG
    DSC_0327.JPG
    502.4 KB · Views: 443
Welcome to the site.
That looks like a big project.
I see it's been registered,maybe you can get the numbers checked to find out about the boat,not sure if they do that or not.
If you can take a closer look at it,there should be a plate on it(transom/side)that should give you some good info as well.
Does it have an outboard or inboard?
If inboard might want to check what type as some manufactures are long gone and it's getting harder to get parts(so I read).

I had the same idea to restore a "BIG TIN". Sarcraft, Alumacraft, and Smoker Craft made a bunch of those big ol'e boats.

Super tough boats just a little TLC and you could have something very SeaWorthy

I started a thread on the same subject here. https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18156&hilit=starcraft+islander

I wanted to turn one of these big tins into a center console offshore boat.

=D> :lol: Go for it Captdag!!!!! Man that looks like it would be an awesome build. Sure it would take longer, but the rewards would be that much greater. You should be able to go to your local fish and game office with the registry numbers and find out the information on the boat. As the member said, a garage big enough and a willing wife! Could you post more pictures of the interior and transom? From the pictures it looks like a Starcraft. That would be some build!

Definitely a Starcraft.

The way the keel plate opens up at the top of the bow tells me that.

I think it will probably be an inboard/outboard, which I personally don't like, but shouldn't pose too much of a problem.

Latest posts