She thinks it is a winner!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldgeek

Reaction score
When I dragged my $600 boat home back in January my wife took one look at it, rolled her eyes and went back in the house. :roll: She asked how long I looked to find a boat in such sorry shape. I told her it was my retirement project and we'd be fishing from it in April. Well, thanks to all the great ideas on here it is almost done. Of course I changed my mind on how to mod it about 100 times!
Yesterday my wife decides to see how things are going and she is impressed. I've rebuilt the trailer and am nearly finished with the boat. I have the carpet installed (I think that made it seem homey to her). All that is left is mounting the seats and the electric connections. I showed her the casting deck...excuse me...sun deck and she said "it's a winner"!
=D>

I'm going to upload some pictures of the process and the final project. Thanks for all your help.

My wife is a good one. She fishes with me a few times a year. Unless the fish are biting really often, she loses interest after a couple of hours. Then she grabs her book and works on her tan. She's usually good for 5-6 hours on the lake before she gets restless.

That's funny. I said the same thing to my wife. Me and my friend made sure that the front casting deck was a little longer than the original bench. And the front seat mount was flush so she could lay out. Made it much easier to find time to work on the boat after this was explained and shone to her.