rod holder i made

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catfishhunter

Reaction score
i got the idea from this site , but i modified it to be a little stronger .I really like how i can unscrew it for easy storage

rodholder001.jpg

rodholder003.jpg

Thanks Jim , I really appreciate this site and all the help and ideas everyone has to offer . this was an easy and cheap mod , only $10

Looks good...

My (ex) lady has some pink fishing stuff too.. rod / reel, pink nylon tackle bag, small pink cooler, pink camo hat, etc.... go figure.... :-k

Just a thought on the rod holder.. it is hard to tell from the pic but is there a way to hold the rod in the holder..??? I have had fish yank the rod out of holders and... gone...into the lake... maybe screw a strip of velcro to the holder long enough to wrap around the rod so when you have a fish on just grab the rod and pull up..releasing the velcro...??? or something similar....

Just a thought...

Outdoorsman

good idea i will try the Velcro out , better safe then sorry . I also like that i can switch heights with the riser part . I have a 6 inch riser on this one , i am gonna go with a 18 inch set up i can use it mounted to the floor for me in the back of the boat .

Outdoorsman said:
Looks good...

My (ex) lady has some pink fishing stuff too.. rod / reel, pink nylon tackle bag, small pink cooler, pink camo hat, etc.... go figure.... :-k

Just a thought on the rod holder.. it is hard to tell from the pic but is there a way to hold the rod in the holder..??? I have had fish yank the rod out of holders and... gone...into the lake... maybe screw a strip of velcro to the holder long enough to wrap around the rod so when you have a fish on just grab the rod and pull up..releasing the velcro...??? or something similar....

Just a thought...

Outdoorsman
What about those bungee type loops with a ball on one end? I don't know what they are actually called.

Latest posts