New Tracker Grizzly 1648 sc

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikemeade136

Reaction score
I just ordered a brand new tracker Grizzly 1648 with the side console, live well, trailer, and a 20 hp merc 4 stroke. My question is does anyone have one of these? I would like to know what is not included that i would need to purchase before hittin' the water, like batteries, oil, lights, and such. Also, has anyone ever seen one of these all decked out?

I have a 14448sc, mine needed, bilge pump, bow mounted TM, nav lights, motor jack plate of some sort since bass pro didn't setup just put motor on, my cavitation plate hangs down 3.5" below hull. I added a macs river runner guard, hydrofoil, hatch door to front hole that goes under front deck, seats, seat bases, fishy finder, switch panel.
Congrats on the boat and finding tin boats, the search engine is your friend! I wish I woukda found this site a long time ago. If you do a search. I have a pic or two of mine its not quite done in the pics biut I am off work today and working on it now!

i did too. All you get is boat, outboard, fuel tank, steering wheel, control box and starting battery. It is kind of nice in one way is that you can do it up however you want.

mine was off the lot. but the livewell i ordered and it took 2 months to get it from them. i just had them send it directly to me so i could have my boat. i installed it myself, but the one for the 1448 is so small i am using it for storage of stuff. and if i need to i can pour water in it if i catch something big enough to show off.

should do fine. my 1448sc loaded with me does about 24. i did add a transom elevator to raise the motor height. i will be taking the hydro foil off to see what happens now that i have the motor in the right spot.

mikemeade136 said:
Any opinion on how the 20 horse motor will work for this boat?

Should do fine, you may notice that you would like some extra power at the top end though.

This wait is killing me. I ordered my boat on april 6th and still is not here. I was hoping to get it before the holiday. Anyway, i would like to know what kind of seat pedestal pole the reciever holds. Also how many foot pounds should my trolling motor be. I was thinking 55 should be enough.

mikemeade136 said:
This wait is killing me. I ordered my boat on april 6th and still is not here. I was hoping to get it before the holiday. Anyway, i would like to know what kind of seat pedestal pole the reciever holds. Also how many foot pounds should my trolling motor be. I was thinking 55 should be enough.

55 lbs will be fine for the boat. I have 45 mounted on my bow and it seems to work fine in most wind conditions. The seat pedestal pole bases are the thin pin style (3/4"). My 2011 Tracker Grizzly 1648 tiller model w/20HP Mercury gets about 23 mph with myself, 2 batteries, trolling motor, rods and boxes. I immagine I could tweak that number to over 25 if I trimmed down on all the extra junk I throw in my boat "just in case". Have fun, you'll like the boat!

Well, I finally got my boat yesterday. It was a long wait, but well worth it. It came with more than i expected. It included bilge pump, nav lights, all switches, battery, another battery tray up front for a trolling motor, also with the wires ran. It even came with a fire extinguisher. I will be taking it out sunday and give an update then. here are some pictures. https://s1142.photobucket.com/albums/n615/mikemeade136/Tracker%20grizzly%201648sc/

Look at that. It even came with someone to fish with. LOL!

Nice boat. Can you get the side console with no motor? I need to replace my hull.

As I understand it you can order it as an option. There is a Guy on YouTube with a 14 footer who bought a console to add to his boat.

Great lookin boat! Looks like your fishin buddy is ready to go.

Couldn't help but notice the Ohio regist. and he landscape behind in the pic. Im originally from Celina, OH. Small town near Lima. I grew up on Grand lake St Mary's and did a lot of fishing in Indian Lake, and Lake Laramie too. Along with the St Mary's River, Auglaize River, Wabash River and the Miami Earie Canal.

The people here in Fl where I live now talk about big "bream", and "Crappy". They are nothing like the Big "Bluegill" and "Crappie" in Oh!

Latest posts