First Mod...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acuna

Reaction score
Well, I finally did it. I finally overcame the psychological hurdle of drilling a hole in my boat and made a new mounting plate for the trolling motor last night. The prior owner had a plate that was by the front bench and that just didn't work. My new plate is up towards the front and keeps the trolling motor closer to the centerline of the boat. The handling and boat control is much improved.

On other fronts, the boat just isn't suitable for decking. I've tried standing on the bench seats and it is just too tippy. Although I won't have my mini-bass boat, the boat is incredibly functional and I will definitely use it for stuff other than bass fishing. I just need to clean up some of the clutter and replace the fish finder.

Congrats on taking the plunge into modding. It is a serious addiction not to be taken lightly. In time you will grow distant from your friends, compromise your marriage, and be that guy at work that always wants to talk about boats. You have made that first step.....your life will begin now..or get consumed and ruined. I'm not sure where I'm sitting..perhaps both..beginning the ruin.

LeviStevenson said:
Congrats on taking the plunge into modding. It is a serious addiction not to be taken lightly. In time you will grow distant from your friends, compromise your marriage, and be that guy at work that always wants to talk about boats. You have made that first step.....your life will begin now..or get consumed and ruined. I'm not sure where I'm sitting..perhaps both..beginning the ruin.

LOL How true!

Latest posts